Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 32:  I came up with another version of the wallet I tried on Day 13.  This time instead of folding the carton, I used a smaller carton and just went with the folds that were already there.  I cut out the part of the carton where the lid screws on and sewed it onto the wallet, so that it can open and close by screwing the lid on and off.  This was the part of the previous wallet that I liked.  I mostly like this wallet, but it is small and you can't fit a lot in it, so it's not very practical.  I'd like to make a bigger version using a milk carton.  It would be somewhere inbetween a purse and a wallet.  I am finding so many uses for milk/half and half cartons, I need to get the word out to more of my friends to hold onto these for me.  Just a few months ago, I didn't think of them as anything but trash.  Now, I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment