Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 33:  I made a window curtain out of a white slip.  I cut it from bottom to top, removing a strip where it had gotten stained, cut off the elastic waist band and then sewed over the top to make a place for a curtain rod to slip through.  I am especially happy when my projects are useful, and take the place of something I would otherwise go out and buy.  It is much more functional than the piece of cloth I had tacked over the window.  Now I can let in the sunshine simply by pushing the curtain to the side.  This project was simple and an obvious way to reuse an old slip, but I had never made something like this before.  I need a few more curtains in my house, so I'll be checking out the thrift stores for skirts in the next couple of days. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love your blog and I really enjoyed meeting you today at the shop where you work. (and alas, the primal screaming center is now defunct, but you can hear any number of strange sounds at night up here, as you probably know...) I can't wait to see your next post...and the next... and the next....

    ReplyDelete