Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 118: Searching my house for something to make, I came upon a stack of egg cartons.  Right away I pictured a funny little hat, with bumps all over it.  So I went for it.  I had to do a little cutting and sewing to get the right shape.  (Egg cartons sew well together.)  Then I sewed on a couple of ties.  When I was a kid, I always thought that by the time the year 2000 came around, everyone would be wearing silver robotic space-age kinda clothing.  This hat, or helmet perhaps, might go well with that type of clothing.  Or maybe it is a grotesque insect hood.  Either way, it's a cute, funny little article of clothing that I will probably only wear on Halloween, or maybe I'll throw a dress up party, just for an excuse to wear it.


Day 119:  Back when my daughter was learning her ABC's, I made flashcards for her out of index cards.  Since she outgrew them, I've decorated a few of them.  I think of them as similar to those inspirational tarot cards that are out there, but they are just meant to give you something to think about, reflect on for a moment.  I made one for my project this day. 

Day 120:  I decorated the bark of the tree I made on days 105-107, before heading off to an overnight camping trip with my daughter's 4th grade class.  For that reason, I kept it simple.  I glued on circles cut from corrugated cardboard.

Day 121: I covered up a painting that I didn't much like with scraps of cardboard, torn journal pieces, and tiny little scraps of magazine pages.  This was very fun, and I'm quite happy with the result. 

2 comments:

  1. It's really weird that you were playing with an egg carton yesterday. Last night, I started preparing for my Etsy Craft Party this coming Friday by hanging white string lights in my craft room and then cutting out the egg cup portion of a bunch of Styrofoam egg cartons I've been saving. They pop onto the lights really easily and look like pretty flowers. I don't want to get crazy recommending the idea because I don't know how fire safe it is, but the lights don't get that hot and the cups don't touch the lights.

    ReplyDelete