Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 166:  I decorated another lid.   This one is very simple, but I have to admit that when making something every day, some projects simply must be simple.  (And some sentences are surely sometimes tongue twisters.)  I like this one because I so often feel like a busy bee, always buzzing around or building beautiful things.  This is a Dr. Seuss illustration, whose crazy rhyming stories I've always loved.
Day 167 and 168: I worked on my receipt bowl once again, and this time I think it feels complete.  I added 115 more receipts, for a total of 335.  This time almost all of my receipts came from one person, my friend Nicole, who had several years of receipts saved up. I didn't even use up all of them. It is interesting the things receipts reveal about a person.    

Day 169:  I took another bunch of little boxes and added to what I made on Day 146.  Since I have been doing recycled projects every day, nothing is sweeter than when someone thinks of me and holds onto some recycled materials for me.  It makes me feel so loved.  So, thank you Sara, for saving the boxes for me!  The insides of these were white, whereas the ones before were brown, which makes really adds to the design. 


Day 170: I took a children's book and painted it black.  I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this.  I want to add to it more, either covering it up with collages, or somehow turning it into an art piece.  For now, it is just a black book. 

Day 171: I made another paper rose, using paper from the physics book. I found a pattern online that I like a lot for a simple, but beautiful rose.  I feel like I could sit down and make a whole bouquet of these, whereas the rose I made earlier was extremely complicated.  Here is a link for where I found the directions.  Try it out!  stacycohen.blogspot.com/2010/08/prima-layout-and-paper-rose-flower.html


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ren,

    I've been following your blog for a few months now, and am amazed at the ideas you come up with. In fact, it actually makes me angry to think that I never come up with stuff like that! ;) You've got a very creative mind...hope you always use it.

    One question about the receipt bowl: Are you going to paint it, or will you leave it the color it is now?

    Keep up the excellent work, 'cause I'm sure enjoying watching it.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling like I was in a creative slump before I started the daily project. Something about creating everyday really lets out all the creative energy I was holding back. It's also one of the hardest things I've ever done. Some days I really doubt myself and wonder if I'm making anything worthwhile, but my commitment to creating helps me push past self doubt. Soon enough I'm so engaged in creating I could care less whether it is any good to anyone else but me. Then when I'm finished I do care and hope that people are interested and inspired. I hope that if you are creative or hope to be, knowing that I've experienced so many ups and downs in coming to terms with my own creative expression may help you to allow your own to find freedom and acceptance.
    Your encouragement means a lot to me!
    As far as the receipt bowl goes, I'm not sure. I like how the receipts look, and yet I feel it needs something more. I was actually thinking about dripping a little food coloring on it, but am not sure if that is too weird or would ruin it. I'll have to experiment with some of the extra receipts.

    ReplyDelete