Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Days 264-267:  I stayed up late working on my Halloween costume four nights in a row.  I made the arms out of cereal and cracker boxes that I rolled into tubes, tapered the ends of, and wrapped up with duct tape.  I then painted them mostly gold (I wanted the print on the boxes to show through slightly), and strung them together with string.  I wore this to a Halloween party and won the prize for the best costume.  I've never won a costume contest before!  Here I am wearing it for trick or treating with my daughter (and having a blast). 
At this point I have just under a hundred days left till the year of making things is over, which is pretty exciting for me.  What an adventure it has been!  (Also check out the new photo I added on the "friends who inspire me" page.  I haven't posted about friend's art nearly as much as I would have liked to, but this photo is worth checking out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment